vid ideas

Apr. 14th, 2022 11:00 am
strixalba: (Default)
[personal profile] strixalba
I don't vid, I don't have the software and I don't currently care enough to learn how to do so, but if I did, I have a few ideas kicking around in various states of thoroughness:

Hannibal: Abigail Hobbs's Relationship With Adults, set to Liszt's La Campanella
  • Someone put this song on an Abigail Hobbs fanmix years ago, and I fell in love! The careful way that the notes dance, find their footing, and then cascade downwards, over and over again!
  • Anyway, there's an introduction, followed by four variations on the same basic structure, followed by the catastrophic ending, and I want to do something about Abigail and the ways in which her various attempted parental figures fail her, causing the teacup to shatter in the final 30 seconds.
    • 0:00 - 0:42 introduction to Abigail: her life before, her wariness, the way that she gets blamed for the murders
    • 0:43 - 1:17 Garrett Jacob Hobbs
    • 1:18 - 1:50 Alana
    • 1:51 - 2:42 Will
    • 2:43 - 3:25 Hannibal
    • 3:25 - 3:59 manipulation by Hannibal & Garrett Jacob Hobbs (she ultimately participates in both of their murder activities)
    • 4:00 - 4:28 the teacup shatters, cascade and retrospective, BOOM!
  • Would I be able to find enough unique clips and frames to fill four and a half minutes of video? Would I end up having to supplement it with clips from weird avant-garde films or sped-up clips of flowers dying, etc? Who knows!
Good Omens: Crowley/Aziraphale, It's All Been Done by the BareNaked Ladies
I have wanted this one since well before there was a TV show of them! And since the TV show gave us an entire slow-burn episode, I could pull almost entirely from that episode. There's not much of a thesis to this one besides "hahaha these lyrics fit really well, wouldn't it be fun to make other people see the inside of my head about it?"

.... and a few random thoughts that are even less-formed, plus one that's more thorough that for the life of me I can't remember, I'll have to add it back in later:
  • Hannibal: Will Graham/Encephalitis OTP, Nancy Boy by Placebo
  • Our Flag Means Death: Stede & Found Family On A Boat -- Go Find Yourself by Parsonsfield, but shortening the last section because there's not as much to say about that, whereas the rest of the song is about rejecting the cocoon of white upper-middle-class heteronormativity and burning your life to the ground to go be gay.
  • want to figure out a vid for Fear Street, because it was just so much better than it had any reason to be, and possibly that's the one that I'm forgetting. I know we'd talked at Horror Night about the amazing possibilities of a vid set to Come Out And Play by the Offspring ...

Profile

strixalba: (Default)
strixalba

July 2024

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324 252627
28293031   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 15th, 2026 12:07 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios